Mortgage Loan Originator – Outside Sales (Loan Officer)
Reports to: Branch Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
An Outside Loan Officer is responsible for developing new business, structuring and the closing of residential mortgage loans, as well as maintaining and manage their pipeline. Work with applicant during and after origination of the mortgage loan while his/her file goes through processing and underwriting ensuring effective communication with the customer and all operational teams.
- Be in the field at least 75% of the time seeking out clients through prospecting and by developing relationships with real estate companies, builders, and other sources that can refer prospective applicants; working leads.
- Monitor an existing pipeline to ensure proper risk ratings and early identification of potential problems.
- Price all loans through the company provided pricing engine in compliance with Fair Housing Act, ECOA and all other laws that apply.
- Maintain good standing with NMLS as well as all state licenses as required by law.
- Negotiate terms, structure loan financing based on risk considerations and present credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority.
- Support Mortgages USA’s strong relationship culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service and superior product knowledge.
- Perform all job duties in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures and in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Manage sales pipeline and work with loan setup, processor, underwriting and others within the Company to document and disclose mortgage loans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications – Education and Work Experience
- 2 years’ successful experience as loan officer, loan officer assistant or processor, preferred.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience required.
- Current Mortgage Loan Originator NMLS license.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Working knowledge of regulations including but not limited to Real Estate Settlement. Working knowledge of regulations including but not limited to Truth In Lending Act (REG Z), Right To Financial Privacy Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), US Patriot Act (OFAC), and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
Physical / Special Requirements
- May be required to work Saturdays.
- Requires local travel within defined territories and extensive follow-up.
- Must have a good driving record in accordance with Mortgages USA policy.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Interpersonal Skills: Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback, and handles constructive criticism.
- Initiative: Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Listening Skills: Listens attentively to others, asks clarifying questions, actively listens, stays open to other viewpoints, manages distractions and interruptions.
- Productivity: Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, and handles information flow.
- Job Knowledge: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
- Sales Skills: Develops new business, identifies and sells to customer needs, translates product features to benefits, has good listening skills, is sensitive to customers, delivers effective presentations, negotiates well, uses closing skills appropriately, develops sales skills.
- Negotiation Skills: Conducts positive negotiations, ability to compromise, handles conflict, seeks common ground, articulates own and other’s goals, stays focused on positive outcome.
- Product Knowledge: Knows and explains product features/benefits, understands/sells the full product line, understands customer’s business operations and needs, understands/responds to the competition, applies market knowledge.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.